At St. Mary's the young people and little ones are cared for, mentored and supported by the whole community.
For those who wish, we do have a nursery for children too young for Sunday School, available all year. Please feel welcome to leave your children in the nursery with our Nursery Attendants, located by the gym (near the church office, main entrance). Your children will be near-by and well-entertained by a variety of toys and books. There is a changing table available in the washroom next to the Nursery and as well as in the main handicap washroom, for your convenience.
To the parents of our young children, may we suggest:
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don't feel you have to suppress it in God's house.
- Sit toward the front where it's easier for your child to see and hear the service.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service.
- Sing the hymns, pray, and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behaviour by copying you.
- If you need to leave the service with your child, please feel free to do so, but please come back!
- God feeds all children. If you want your child to receive the bread (wine too - that's up to you), please have them put their hands out with you.
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to church, to God, and to Christ. Let them know that they are at home in this liturgical gathering.